Tuesday, June 25, 2013

SS Pitching Matchup of the Day! 6/25/13

I'm still trying to settle on what to title these daily posts...anyway.

I don't have a lot of time today, as I was busy playing Monopoly on my iPad with my sister in law all afternoon, but here's today's pitching matchups around the league.


As you can see, quite the opposite of yesterday's schedule, as everyone is in action tonight.  

Now, for the Safety Squeeze Pitching Matchup of the Day™ ™

For me, it's got to be Chris Sale against Zack Wheeler.  Wheeler was outstanding in his major league debut last week against the Braves and Chris Sale, though he doesn't have the record to show it, is still heading towards being one of the elite pitchers.  I don't have time to explain why this is going to be a good one, but just trust me.  Chris Sale hasn't won a game since May 17th, five weeks ago.  He's still good, though.

One more thing, how many times does a starter dazzle everyone in his debut, and even for the first few times out, and regress back to where he's supposed to be?  Scouting reports.  Once guys see a pitcher a few times, they learn how to hit them.  Take a look at Barry Zito and Dontrelle Willis.  Perfect examples of that.  Some guys never regress, and only progress, like Verlander, but most of the time, a rookie comes up and looks outstanding, then regresses.  Happens all the time.  Anyway, that's what I expect out of Wheeler.  I imagine Wheeler will dominate again tonight, mostly because it's against the White Sox, but I also expect him to get rocked a few times as the season progresses.  I've seen this movie before.  

Anyway, I gotta jet.  Have a good night.  Go baseball.  

No comments:

Post a Comment