Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dan Haren "Physically, I'm okay" But Placed on the DL Anyway

Yesterday, I remarked on Twitter that I had watched 8 and a half innings of a Nationals Rockies game, and that I have a sickness, an illness, that makes me watch baseball games that I shouldn't care about, or perhaps  didn't even care about a few weeks ago.  Anyway, as I watched, Dan Haren was getting lit up, and I predicted he was injured.  I've suspected he was injured for a while, because I heard his fastball velocity was down, but according to his FanGraphs pitchfx, even though his fastball velocity has dropped every year he's pitched in the majors, there wasn't a major drop like I was expecting to find.  Anyway, he's hurt, but if you read his quote, it sounds more like managment is telling him he's hurt, but want to sit him for a few starts because they can't afford to keep throwing out a liability like Dan Haren every five days.

"There's aches and pains." he said on Sunday, "nothing I haven't pitched through in the past.  Physically, I'm okay."  It's easy to say he has a "stiff shoulder" because what major league pitcher doesn't have a stiff shoulder the day after he pitches in June?


No comments:

Post a Comment