Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Schedule and Starters for MLB 6-26-13

Just to let you know, I'm afraid to look up yesterday's results, because I'm watching last night's Braves game and I'm currently in the 7th inning, so I don't want the result to be spoiled.  I have no idea how things went around the league last night.  I hope you understand.

So today is a Wednesday, so that means day games!  There are two early start day games, The Jays and Rays, and the Twins and Marlins.  Pretty weak, but once this Braves game ends, I'll probably turn on the Jays Rays game because I haven't seen much of Tampa this season, and I need to see what's up with those guys.

Without anymore delay, here's today's schedule, with starters...


And now, your Safety Squeeze Pitching Matchup of the Day ™ ™


Tough call today, as there are a lot of weird matchups.  Mike Minor is pitching, but it's against Luis Mendoza, so that's not special, in my opinion.

I don't know, the one that stood out to me, I suppose is Roy Oswalt against John Lackey.  Lackey has been effective this season, and I'm curious how Oswalt will preform this year.  His first outing, he struck out 11, but only lasted five innings because of it.  He also gave up seven hits.  I have always liked the guy, so I want him to do well.  The Red Sox are no easy task, so I'll be interested to see how he does tonight.  John Lackey on the other hand comes in with a 3.03 ERA, which is nice.  He'll keep the Sox in any game he pitches.

Also around the league today, Tim Lincecum pitches in LA against Clayton Kershaw, who despite a wonderful 2.06 ERA, his record is only 5-5, causing fantasy owners heads to explode when wins is one of the categories you need to be successful.  He hasn't won a game in over a month.  Blame the Dodgers here.

the battle of the 6-6 pitchers takes place in Milwaukee as Scott Feldman and Yovani Gallardo square off.  Gallardo has a 4.09 ERA for the season, but a 1.67 ERA in June, so he's been much better as of late.  The Brewers aren't going to get a whole lot done as a team while looking up at the Pirates, Reds and Cardinals, but they've played a lot better lately.  The Cubs looked like they were getting it together back in May, but they're still not very good.  The Brewers smoked the Cubs 9-3 last night, and I sort of expect a similar result today.  Not sure why I'm talking about this one, to be honest...

That's all I'm gonna type now, so enjoy the 2007 World Series rematch tonight in Boston.  That's the one to watch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment